Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:29:04 -0800
From:      "Drew Tomlinson" <drew@mykitchentable.net>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   make.conf In 5.0-RELEASE?

I have just installed 5.0-RELEASE on a new machine.  As a user of 4.x on
other machines, I usually edit /etc/make.conf to match my location and
preferences.  But in 5.0, there was a small /etc/make.conf with some Perl
stuff in it and no /etc/defaults/make.conf.  I updated my sources but did
not find one in /usr/src/etc/defaults either.  Has make.conf been
depreciated in 5.0?  The Handbook still refers to it and a Google search
didn't turn up anything on the subject.

Thanks,

Drew