Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2012 00:26:53 +0200
From:      Egoitz Aurrekoetxea Aurre <egoitz@ramattack.net>
To:        Mark Felder <feld@feld.me>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question about xen-tools versions

El 18/08/2012, a las 22:06, Mark Felder <feld@feld.me> escribi=C3=B3:

> Hi guys,
>=20
> Right now sysutils/xen-tools is on version 4.0.1. The latest version avail=
able in the 4.0.x branch is 4.0.4 and there's also 4.1.3 available. Is anyon=
e here close enough to the Xen project that they might know what the differe=
nce is or if it's safe to run 4.1.3 tools everywhere? If so, I'll get the po=
rt updated to 4.1.3.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks!

Hi,=20

What exactly you need doing?. I explain... Basically Xen-tools are used for w=
ritting to Xenstore database through Xenstored at dom0. If you execute a wri=
te and a read for the records of a concretely vm and from it (and same test f=
rom dom0 for the vm records) and changes are seen from the own vm and from d=
om0 with they're Xen-tools nothing should be worring at all. Apart from this=
 they don't do nothing else... Unless nothing significant I remember now... T=
he important part is the kernel related one.

So if you administer you're FreeBSD machine as should (update, use it proper=
ly and so...) nothing should happen if previous test indicated has succeded.=
 Remember you can always backup you're actual Xentools with a pkg_create -Rb=
 nameofxentoolsport before performing the upgrade.

Regards,=