Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 19:28:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        unix@usww.com
Cc:        support@cdrom.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.2.2 Error

On Wed, 30 Jul 1997 unix@usww.com wrote:

> When trying to install from cdrom and floppy
> the following error occurs
> ----
> Changing root dev to fd0c
> Panic: double fault
>
> syncing disks
> ----
> I have tried 3 different diskettes,
> turning off the unit 3 times to start
> fresh. I have tried cdrom istall 4 times
> all with the same error

Try a different boot floppy.  We've been having problems with this and
using a 2.2-STABLE or 3.0-SNAP boot floppy appears to work OK.

> With the fixes in ppp I now want to install
> the cdrom 2.2.2 Is there a way to do this
> via the 2.2ENG release using the cdrom's?

If you select the 'upgrade' option you'll get the new ppp.  You can also
get the pppkit from ftp.awfulhak.org and compile that to get the
state-of-the-art.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo