Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:54:54 +0600
From:      Stanislav Sedov <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
To:        Amnon Aaronsohn <bla@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd ltrace 0.4 port

--Sig_Jc8yLoH2eCP1662V4RTkk/R

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:46:34 +0300
Amnon Aaronsohn <bla@cs.huji.ac.il> mentioned:

> Hi,
>=20
> I've ported ltrace 0.4 to freebsd 6.1. It's available as a patch to the=20
> debian source package. What should I do in order to make it available in=
=20
> the ports collection? (Note that ltrace 0.3.6 already exists in the=20
> ports, but it looks like its maintainer stopped maintaining it a long=20
> time ago).

You can refer to porters handbook available at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

It contains all the information you need.

Brief:
1) You should prepare patch against current port version (diff -ruN)
2) You should better check you port with portlint (devel/portlint) to
avoid stupid errors
3) You should ensure port building on 4.x, 5.x, 6.x and current platforms
4) Patch can be submitted using send-pr utility or `port submit` of
devel/porttools

You could go a step further to take maintainership of this port, as it's
not longer maintained.

--=20
Stanislav Sedov         MBSD labs, Inc.         <ssedov@mbsd.msk.ru>
=F2=CF=D3=D3=C9=D1, =ED=CF=D3=CB=D7=C1         http://mbsd.msk.ru

If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts.  -- A. Einstein
PGP fingerprint:  F21E D6CC 5626 9609 6CE2  A385 2BF5 5993 EB26 9581