Date:      Fri, 20 May 2022 12:47:29 +0300
From:      Toomas Soome <tsoome@me.com>
To:        Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zpool with latest feature com.delpfix:head_errlog can not be booted from.

I=E2=80=99ll see into it. It would be nice to have at least heads up message=
 about such features, or zfs code does have means to block feature upgrade o=
n boot pool.

Rgds,
Toomas

> On 20. May 2022, at 11:39, Johan Hendriks <joh.hendriks@gmail.com> wrote:
>=20
> =EF=BB=BFI did upgrade my FreeBSD Current and with that i updated my stora=
ge pool and my zroot pool.
> I did add the new gptboot code on the disk. After the reboot i can not boo=
t anymore.
>=20
> So i did reinstall the os on one disk of the old zroot mirror pool and did=
 leave the second untouched.
>=20
> Then i can import the pools.
> If i boot with the latest snapshot ISO (FreeBSD-14.0-CURRENT-amd64-2022051=
9-716fd348e01-255696-disc1.iso) i see the following when i boot.
>=20
> BIOS drive A: is fd0
> BIOS drive B: is fd1
> <SNAP>
> BIOS drive K: is disk9
> ZFS: unsupported feature: com.delpfix:head_errlog
> ZFS: pool zroot is not supported
> ZFS: unsupported feature: com.delpfix:head_errlog
> ZFS: pool storage is not supported
> BIOS 624kB/2000420kB available memory
>=20
> Then the OS is loaded, if i then go to the shell of the installer and do a=
 zpool import, ik can import the pool zroot and storage. So this snapshot ha=
s the latest ZFS version with the com.delpfix:head_errlog feature. So it loo=
ks like the bootloader is not able to use the new feature and thus renders y=
our system unbootable.