Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 06:19:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
To:        ckd@ckdhr.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports

The CVSup port has a utility, in the port but not installed, which
compares the tree you have with that on the CVS server and tells you
what files and directories you have which are 'extra'.  It does
require Python.  I occasionally run it from the ports tree entry as
follows:

# cd /usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin
# make
# cd work/cvsup-bin-16.1/contrib/cvsupchk
# ./cvsupchk -d /usr -c /usr/sup/ports-all/checkouts.cvs:.
EXTRA: /usr/ports/net/aim/work
EXTRA: /usr/ports/net/cvsup/cvsup-16.1
EXTRA: /usr/ports/net/cvsup-bin/work
EXTRA: /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/linux-gtk/work
EXTRA: /usr/ports/distfiles

This is a lot better than re-checking out the tree if you have a 56K
modem.  There are other examples in the README.

- Mike H.