Date:      Wed, 29 May 2002 03:54:22 -0400
From:      "George Ramos" <george@durham.net>
To:        <ispchat@bell.ca>
Cc:        <julie.taylor@bell.ca>, <julie.allain@bell.ca>, <marc.morin@bell.ca>, <mike.gosselin@bell.ca>, <joanne.page@bell.ca>, <sherwood.flemming@bell.ca>, <leslie.williams@bell.ca>, <ken.white@bell.ca>, <sheila.ward@bell.ca>, <j.steele@bell.ca>, <anita.archambault@bell.ca>, <f.dubois-beauchamp@bell.ca>, <joelle.picard@bell.ca>, <stephanie.riley@bell.ca>, <diane.cincar@bell.ca>, <list@iip.ca>, <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>, <caip-members@caip.ca>
Subject:   Competitor's  PRI pricing and stuff that maybe you should all know about or already do.....? Rumors about Bell Xpress View way bills, ADSL pricing, etc.

Hello all:

I have taken the liberty of making available to you the following
competitor's rates for PRI's.
I wonder if anyone can comment in terms of why are Bell's PRI's so much more
per month particularly for long term, multi services customers.(I'm
referring to customers who have, and still do, spent thousands of dollars
per month for the last 7 years)(such as my company)
I say this with all due respect for all here with whom I have worked many
times in the past, however, it doesn't take away from the fact that there is
a SUBSTANTIAL difference in price and I wonder just how does Bell justify
that.....
Also please note that their installation charge is cut by half on a 2 year
contract and WAIVED on a 3 year contract (something which Bell has never
been willing to negotiate) (I have always been told that this installation
fee cannot be changed, discounted or waived in any way shape or form because
it's tariffed)....
Aside from that, I will also take the liberty to (in general) let you know
that some of us (independent ISP's) are VERY concerned about Bell's
practices where it involves high speed Internet. It seems as if from the
very beginning, Bell is pricing their ADSL retail services at levels which
seem to be designed to eliminate? competition. I am certainly not pointing
any fingers here (I can't afford the lawsuits) but I would think that you
are all aware of several matters who have (or still are) in front of the
CRTC. Anyways, I'm not trying to get into the legalities of this, I guess
what I am trying to do is to make you (the group of people who help us,
support us, and with whom we work day in and day out)aware of the fact that
a number of us (Independent ISP's) are loosing customers every day to Bell
because we just can't compete with such ridiculous low rates, giveaways,
etc.
It would almost make one think about what it is that you guys are going to
be doing when there is no more ISP's to support.......

Lastly, I have included in this list the two ISP's lists that I belong to
because I thought that maybe it's time for everyone to start talking, let's
face it, we don't want to be out of business anymore than you guys want to
be out of a job so perhaps we can start discussing some of the realities of
our everyday working lives.

I would like to point out that I speak for myself and not for anyone else
and that my comments and/or questions are not of a malicious nature, I am
just concerned about the fact that it seems to me there are a number of
things which are not as crystal clear as we all expect them to be from an
organization as respected as Bell. It also seems to me as if Bell is very
aggresively going after the business from which I put food on my family's
table, and it seems to me that somehow I have no real means of competing in
any kind of fair, levelled playing field.....

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards to you all. I look forward to continue doing business with all
of you for as long as I have customers left.

George Ramos
Durham Net Inc