Date:               Thu, 26 Sep 1996 08:36:34 +600 CDT
From:      "Larry Dolinar" <LARRYD@bldg1.croute.com>
To:        owner-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:         Re: Little problems from Havana

|  From:           "Donald J. Maddox" <root@rhiannon.scsn.net>

|  > On Wed, 25 Sep 1996, Eliezer Rodriguez Gonzalez wrote:
|  >
|  > > I built a custom kernel, doing nothing else but eliminating the support
|  > > for the hardware I don't have. I faced not problems doing that, it worked
|  > > well from the very begining but I could no longer run the program
|  > > /stand/sysinstall 'cause it cries with a: "Exec format error. Wrong
|  > > architecture".
|  >
|  > Don't run sysinstall then.  You don't really need it.  What are you trying
|  > to do that requires sysinstall?

Are you sure you didn't also kill some of the "cpu" lines as well?  The first
time I built a kernel (2.0.5) I only enabled the 486 and had the exact
same problem.  Try leaving "I386_CPU" in along with your CPU of choice,
recompile, and see what happens.  Not as efficient, but assuming it works,
you can find the sysinsall code and recompile it later.

corections welcomed,
larry

ps. Sorry for the humor in the other post: where is ee?  I never saw a reply.