Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 1995 20:27:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@reptiles.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Future Domain TMC-860 SCSI Card

Hi...

	From reading handbook.ascii, I had made what seems to be
an incorrect assumption...it states that you can use the
Future Domain 8xx/950 SCSI controllers under FreeBSD.  When
I try to boot up with an 860, it doesn't find the card.

	Now, checking out the code (/sys/i386/isa/seagate.c),
it only mentions the 855/950...

	So, I guess the question is two-fold...does the 860 work
under FreeBSD as handbook.ascii seems to imply?  If not, can
someone make a quick change to handbook.ascii so that others
aren't mistakeningly misled?  I could imagine some poor soul
reading that, and trying to install FreeBSD and failing
miserably as a result because they made a similar assumption :(

Thanks...