Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2012 19:52:48 -0400
From:      Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Access to Time Warner cable network

Just purchased an account on the northern Ohio Time Warner cable system.
Having problem connecting to their service. Seems their dhcp server has
an ip address of 10.2.0.1 which is not public routable. I know my
Freebsd 8.2 box functions because it worked fine under att service which
I just left for Time Warner service. MY xp laptop works fine with time
warner. I can see that during the connection hand shake they first issue
ip addresses 192.168.x.x then end up with real public routable ip
address for dns and my ip address. Just the dhcp ip is 10.2.0.1. XP
seems to handle this connection hand shake ok.

Does any one have any suggestions on how to get Freebsd 8.2 working
under TW?