Date:      Thu, 25 Dec 97 12:35 GMT
From:      selvaraj@sri.lanka.net (K.S.Selvarajan, Vavuniya Campus, Univesity of Jaffna, Vavuniya, Sri Lanka)
To:        Martin Renters<martin@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Diskless operation

Dear Martin,

We are using FreeBSD 2.2.2 as the operating system in our Computer
Laboratory ie., it is installed in a Server (Dell PowerEdge 2000/180).
Terminals, old i286 and i386 IBM Compatible Computers are connected to this
Server (FreeBSD) by using NCSA Telnet. Also, I wish to connect some IBM
PS/Value Point as Diskless Work Stations.

In the FreeBSD Hand Book "13.3 Diskless operation" para 6 says "Unpack the
root filesystem in the directory...." I coudn't understand the term. That
is, how can I UNPACK the root file system into the directory? Please explain.

Thanking You

Selvarajan
Vavuniya Campus of the University of Jaffna
Vavuniya
Sri Lanka