Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 04:45:22 +0900 (JST)
From:      Akinori MUSHA <knu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        erik@smluc.org, knu@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/40901: New Port: lang/gauche - An RSR5 Scheme designed for system scripting

Synopsis: New Port: lang/gauche - An RSR5 Scheme designed for system scripting

State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
State-Changed-By: knu
State-Changed-When: Tue Sep 10 04:35:16 JST 2002
State-Changed-Why:
Oops, I noticed this PR after committing my own version..

Would you please take over the maintainership of lang/gauche and
databases/gauche-gdbm?  FYI, the differences of mine from yours are:

- multibyte support that's new in 0.6.2 is turned on by default,
  with the choice of utf-8.

- pthread support is turned off because the author states that
  Boehm-GC + pthread do not yet work on FreeBSD.

- info files are built with --no-split as requested by the
  porter's handbook, and Japanese info is also installed.

- has PLIST_SUB tricks to make the future maintenance easier.