Date:      Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:25:30 +0000
From:      Torben.Jaeger@t-online.de (Torben =?iso-8859-1?q?J=E4ger?=)
To:        Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new port: eclipse3

> work/Makefile: add following somewhere at the top
> ECLIPSE_OS=3D     freebsd
> ECLIPSE_WS=3D     gtk
> ECLIPSE_ARCH=3D   x86

this is set in /usr/ports/java/eclipse3/Makefile. why setting twice?

> work/plugins/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse_SWT/make_gtk.mak line 88: add
>                 -I$(JAVA_HOME)/include/freebsd \

added and updated download.

> one problem I see: it installs both /usr/local/eclipse
> and /usr/local/eclipse3

can't reproduce. there should be a single eclipse directory under PREFIX.

> you have to change the path to /usr/local/eclipse
> in /usr/local/bin/eclipse
>
> then it runs at least. I cannot tell anything about completeness.

i am testing the port with PREFIX=3D/tmp/eclipse3 because i have 2.1.3 inst=
alled=20
also.=20

> btw. you should add a separate directory like work/eclipse to
> extract everything. looks better

don't understand this.=20
what it is extracted has to be extracted under PREFIX (let's say /usr/local=
)=20
IMO like it is with all other progs.

> hth
> m.