Date:      Wed, 15 Oct 2003 08:45:50 +0200
From:      Gianmarco <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Siemens-Fujitsu LB 6120 and Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100

Hi,
I have changed my notebook with a Lifebook S6120 which seems works great under
FreeBSD 4.9-RC.

* Audio is ok:
pcm0: <Intel ICH4 (82801DB)> at io 0xd0100c00, 0xd0100800 irq 11 bufsz 16384
(1p/1r/0v channels duplex)

* Xfree is well supported at 1024x768 with driver  "i810".
Before this one I have a Lifebook S6010 (PIII 1000) and even if it use the
same driver Xfree has some problem if you start it (worked fine), exit, start
X again, no way :-) It remains freeze and nothing happens. This new version
doesn't seem to have this behaviour.

* The lan is a realtek 8139 or similar which works with fine with the rl0
driver

So I should strongly suggest 100% this notebook to everyone is looking for a
light notebook but that has everything you need, if it doesn't have a couple
of drawback.

1) It is full of stickers "Designed for Windows XP" and "Centrino", which I
really was unable to remove. I really don't know which kind of fucking glue
they have used ... any suggestions is welcome :-)

2) The serious problem :-) seems to be the internal wifi card which seems to
me be a Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 accordingly to the docs.

I suppose it is this one:

none6@pci1:13:0:  class=0x028000 card=0x25278086 chip=0x10438086 rev=0x04
hdr=0x00
vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
class    = network

Is it supported and FreeBSD 4.x and if yes which kind of driver I need ?

Thanks a lot for every inputs.