Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:56:34 +0200
From:      Falko Meyer <wds_de@yahoo.de>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netscape 4.78 on freebsd 4.5 freezing

Bryan Dina wrote:
> When netscape hoses, the only thing I can do is
> ctrl-alt-backspace to kill X, and restart X.  Thanks.
Sometimes I have the same thing on an SGI O2 with IRIX 6.5 and Netscape
4.7.
In some cases I got error messages after killing the process from
another host saying weird tings about X requests.
I believe the problem occurs when you click around (seems more often
when using the third mouse button) and Netscape is to busy to react on
your click. Then X seems to be waiting for the reaction (like pop up a
menu) from Netscape, but it doesn't know about this. It's like a sort of
Deadlock between the Netscape GUI and X.

Greetings,
Falko Meyer