Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 1995 18:21:26 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: russian/netscape.language and bsd.port.mk

 * >Well, that's what I meant, I did a "make build" and made sure it
 * >didn't do anything.
 *
 * It wants to build/install depends port (locale) too before :-(

Oh, was that a problem?  I tested it with a NO_DEPENDS=yes because I
didn't want russian.X either.

Um, I fail to understand why this is a problem.  You can set
NO_DEPENDS in the Makefile to avoid that, but that defeats the whole
purpose of having the dependencies in the Makefile in the first
place.

Why is X.language in the dependency list if you don't want it to
make sure that it's installed?

Satoshi