Date:      Thu, 18 Apr 1996 22:19:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger - Personal Account" <babbleon@mercury.interpath.com>
To:        73220.604@compuserve.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: packages installation problem

This just happened to me.  The problem is that pkg_add is broken:
it depends on the *name* of the file to determine behavior, which is
not reliable with DOS partitions.

Two fixes:

   1. I wrote my own "mypkg" scripts that work in this situation; mail
      me if you want them; or
   2. Copy each package to a ufs partition and rename it <whatever>.tgz.
      Then pkg_add will work.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger, the Man from Babble-On.

"Someday I'll get around to importing all the cool quotes from my other
account's .sig files."      http://mercury.interpath.com/~babbleon