Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:24:56 -0400
From:      Charles Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Dj Uwins <desol@telus.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Msn Voice conversation

On Jun 21, 2004, at 4:21 PM, Dj Uwins wrote:
> I'm trying to get msn voice conversation working through NATD. I've
> been
> reading alot of posts and there are others who can't seem to get this
> working by trying to forward ports in natd.conf.

Yes, the H.323 protocol family is a nightmare in terms of complexity
and it simply doesn't play nice with NAT or reasonable firewall
configurations.  My recommendation would be to block the H.323 protocol
entirely and use something else rather than compromise one's security.

> Does anyone know how to make this happen?

This is a hard problem which may not be solvable without paying license
fees for proprietary H.323 resources and documentation.  Have you
looked into getting a commercial firewall which supports H.323 proxying
via NAT...?

--
-Chuck