Date:      Sun, 28 Oct 2001 19:51:33 -0800
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
Cc:        Eric Melville <eric@FreeBSD.ORG>, Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>, "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@nitro.dk>, binup@FreeBSD.ORG, libh@FreeBSD.ORG, Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Subject:   Re: current project steps

Well, all names tend to fall into one of several categories:

1. Names that are cool but don't mean anything.  Examples:

   Stingray
   Tesla
   Orion
   Wolf-pack
   Testerosa

2. Names that are clear attempts to find first a cool acronym and then
   back-fill it with some contrived expansion.  Examples:

   ICE - Installer Coded Encapsulation
   ENCORE - Encapsulated Net-Correct Ordered Registration Environment
   CHOMP - Centralized HOst Mandated Packaging

3. Names which are chosen deliberately to not mean anything to anyone.
   Examples:

   Potato
   GRONK
   Wackapacks

4. Names or acronyms that really shouldn't be used.  Examples:

   Co-operative Uniform Network Transporters
   Packages.NET or ActivePackages
   PenguinPacks

Shall we narrow it down to a category, at least? :)

- Jordan