Date:      Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:45:11 -0500
From:      Greg Barniskis <nalists@scls.lib.wi.us>
To:        Dave <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AC97 sound card on 6.1

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>    I'm atempting to get an integrated AC97 sound card working under 6.1.
> I know this card works, loading the snd_driver module finds it, but i do
> not know which actual module works it over. I'd rather not have to load
> 26 sound modules just the ones i actually need. I've checked
> /boot/kernel/snd* but didn't find anything...

cat /dev/sndstat

after loading the snd_driver meta module, to see which module
actually associates itself with your card.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/sound-setup.html

That always worked for me with 5.x, but I haven't tried any
GUI/media stuff on 6.x yet.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348