Date:      Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:33:20 -0800
From:      "Jake Khuon" <khuon@NEEBU.Net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD-5.1R and Cisco 350 (mini-PCI) problems

I'm encountering a kernel lockup during the bootup probe.  I have traced
this down to my Cisco 350 mini-PCI wireless card.  If I remove the card, the
kernel boots up fine and as a matter of fact, this is what I ended up doing
in order to get 5.1 installed.  However, it of course will hang on
subsequent boots with the card installed.  Can anyone offer any advice?  Can
I temporarily disable it from the bootloader?  I tried unloading the pccard
module before booting to no avail.  Is there a special kernel build I need
to do?  FWIW, the hardware is an IBM Thinkpad T30 (2366-81U).

--
 | Packet Plumber, Network Engineers     /| / [~ [~ |) | | --------------- |