Date:      Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:23:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FBSD 2.2.6 --- any good still for server use?

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 rdkeys@unity.ncsu.edu wrote:

> I was wondering how good FBSD 2.2.6 was relatively for server use, still.
> I have a couple of sets left from the dumping a few months back.
> Are there any specific reasons it should not be used on an open server?

There are 4 outstanding security advisories for 2.2.6, while there are
none for 2.2.8.  So if you're going to use 2.2.6 you have some patching
ahead of you.

The upgrade to 2.2.8 is generally seamless, so I suggest it. I do *NOT*
suggest upgrading to 3.1 due to the complex configuration and binary type
issues.

Doug White