Date:      Tue, 7 Oct 2003 02:11:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Silbersack <silby@silby.com>
To:        Juan Rodriguez Hervella <jrh@it.uc3m.es>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I try to change atapi_dma to "1" but it doesn't work (It was "Re:    ATI Radeon IGP 340M")

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Juan Rodriguez Hervella wrote:

> I've tried both atapi_dma="1" in "loader.conf" and "atacontrol mode 1 udma100
> XXX" but when I attempt to access the device, it hangs up.

The same thing happens to me, unfortunately...

Actually, that shouldn't be surprising; I compared dmesgs, and it looks
like we have the same IDE controller and DVD/CD-RW drive; is this a
Compaq/HP laptop?

Soren (the ata driver guy) might be able to debug the problem, but I
haven't taken the time to bother him about it.

Unless you can get him to look at it, you're stuck for now. :)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack