Date:      Thu, 31 Aug 1995 12:41:00 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        smp@csn.net (Steve Passe)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, jehamby@lightside.com
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for 2.1.0

Steve Passe stands accused of saying:
> > 4) How is CD audio handled in FreeBSD?  It appears to be totally
> > curious as to how best to port a CD audio player from Linux.
> ports/audio/xmcd has a nice Motif cd player. unfortunately it is
> broken under current. (anyone find the fix yet???)

For those that haven't noticed, in /usr/sbin there is cdplay, a very simple
(text-based) CD audio player for (at least) SCSI CDroms.

The Tk-based CD (XCD) player package installs a similar (but broken)
program 'cdplayer', but it can be easily frobbed to use cdplay instead.

> Steve Passe	| powered by

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[