Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:41:03 +0200
From:      Patrick Hess <patrickhess@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xorg for client-only support

Don whY wrote:
> For *headless* devices (i.e., no point in having a real *server*!),
> are there significant portions of xorg that I can omit?  Or, is it
> easier to build and install it all and remove the unnecessary cruft,
> later?

Since you don't need the server portions, I don't really see a reason
why you would want to worry about installing any X.org ports by hand.

Just installing the applications you want to use should automatically
pull in the X.org dependencies that are actually required by these
applications. This will prevent any unnecessary parts, like server
components and video drivers, from being installed on your system
in the first place.

Patrick