Date:      Fri, 25 May 2012 04:56:01 +0200
From:      Gabor PALI <pgj@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Heads Up: GHC 7.4.1 and Haskell Platform 2012.2.0.0

Hello there,

For your information, there are new versions for the Haskell Platform
[1] and the Glasgow Haskell Compiler [2] about to land in the next few
days, and we have prepared the update in our GitHub repository for
now.  There you could take a look at them before they are scheduled
for integration (some time after the official release, that is, around
May 30, 2012):

https://github.com/freebsd-haskell/freebsd-haskell/

In order to use the ports from this repository, you will have to
install and configure portshaker(8).  For further details, see the
README file in the repository.  After merging the ports trees, the
Haskell Platform can be installed by the following command:

# cd /usr/ports/devel/hs-haskell-platform/ && make install clean

or updated in the conventional way, e.g. by portmaster(8) (together
with other Haskell ports):

# portmaster -r ghc

Please let us (haskell@) know if you have any problems or concerns
regarding the planned update.