Date:      Wed, 18 Dec 2002 08:20:21 +0100 (CET)
From:      Riccardo Torrini <riccardo@torrini.org>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG, Tim Robbins <tjr@FreeBSD.ORG>, Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Subject:   Re: unrar doesn't work under current

On 18-Dec-2002 (06:52:54/GMT) Kris Kennaway wrote:

> This is due to lack of rpc.lockd running on the nfs client and/or
> server.

Yes, I tryed on a nfs mounted dir from my -CURRENT home machine.
This means that this is a pilot error?  Again?  :-(
I'm sorry.  I think that I must sleep a little more...

But what about rar/unrar ports that overwrite one each other?
And _why_ rar port works (on same file) and unrar not?
(at least this is a but in rar that doesn't do correct locking?)

Riccardo.