Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 17:50:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        freebsd-ports
Subject:   Re: ports/3143: mkisofs site has moved

The following reply was made to PR ports/3143; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To: Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 17:45:43 -0800 (PST)

 I wrote:

 >> mkisofs-1.05 distribution has moved to another directory at FTP site.
 >> Whilst tracing that down, I upgraded the port 1.05-->1.10.

 J"org retorted:

 >I've also recently made a stab at this upgrade.  However, the
 >resulting binary still left me a coredump for a collection of input
 >files where mkisofs 1.05 worked correctly, so i didn't commit it yet.
 >(I have to see whether i can find the files that triggered it again.)
 >
 >Can you confirm that it works well for you, or didn't you do much
 >testing?

 Errmmm...yea, I was trying to test out a cdwriter here and going down that
 path is what led me to try to install mkisofs.  I did not *carefully*
 check out the new mkisofs;  I've only used it via the textbook "makecdfs"
 script running around in /usr/share/examples/worm -- so I haven't played
 with anything like multiple sessions or an include list or ... .  All I've
 done is hand it a source tree and tell it to munge it into cd9660 format.

 I just went back and found my old file and mounted it via /dev/vn0c and
 rummaged through it ... looks fine to me.

 I guess I'm not sure if I've answered your question, though.

 Brian