Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:11:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      paleph@pacbell.net
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   question on Kerberos vs Heimdal

Hi.

I have a utility that I want to "kerberos'ize"
and have a few questions.

1. Which package is becoming the standard:
   MIT Kerberos or Heimdal?

2. Where can I find documenation/man pages on
   the ABI for each? I started looking through
   the various daemons and clients for each
   package to see how they were modified.
   I quickly discovered that a number of the
   interfaces being used were not documented
   and I couldn't find man pages for them in
   either package. I was able to find some
   documentation for one or two interfaces
   by doing a google search, but I am still
   missing documentation on many of them.

Any help would be appreciated...

Paul Fronberg
paleph@pacbell.net