Date:      Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:58:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mike Jakubik" <mikej@rogers.com>
To:        "Julian Elischer" <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP deadlocks

Julian Elischer said:

> ok, here's the patch.. http://people.freebsd.org/~dwhite/smp_rv_mtx.patch
>

> if you don't know how to turn on pre-emption you probably don't have it
> on...  :) (it's disabled for now  in i386/include/param.h from memory)

In that case i do not have it on, but I am having trouble replicating the
problem now. I have rebooted to the old kernel, without debugging. And i
still cant replicate the problem when doing a simultaneous make -j4
buildworld and buildkernel. And to top it off, the customer expects the
server in production in a few days :P If i can replicate the problem, i
will try these patches. FYI The system has frozen previously during normal
functions, not when doing compiles, but this seems to be very
intermittent.