Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 1997 12:05:41 -0500
From:      Don Schmidt <yensid@coke.imsa.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Video problems w/ 2.2-RELEASE boot floppy

In message <199704040724.XAA09872@root.com>, David Greenman writes:

[ I was having problems booting with the install disk because of bcopy
  optimizations or some such thing...]

>>	WRT booting with the -c flag: It still decides to muck up the screen,
>>before allowing me to change anything.  Is there anyway to pass the flag
>>directly on the boot line?  Thanks for your help!
>
>   You can't set any device flags from the Boot: prompt. On the other hand,
>I thought this problem didn't show itself until after userconfig...someone
>else will need to answer this since I don't see the problem here.

	After some mucking around, I'm no closer to getting my machine to
boot, so I wonder if some kind soul would build a boot disk with a kernel that
has the options "I586_CPU" and "I686_CPU" removed (since the optimized code
that is causing problems appears only to install itself if you've got those
enabled.  I would do it myself, but I don't have enough disk space anywhere to
build the world...

Don Schmidt					  Network Systems Administrator
yensid@imsa.edu				      Illinois Math and Science Academy
----------You can build a Mainframe from the things you find at home!----------