Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 1997 15:04:42 +0100 (BST)
From:      Stephen Roome <steve@visint.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>, David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: OS/2 users going to FreeBSD? :-)

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > To be fair, the handbook is pretty superficial.  I'm not trying to
> > knock it--it's better than nothing--but we need something in much more
> > depth.  I'm not just bitching about it: I've got a document half
>
> Well, that's because not enough people have worked on it, some of
> them chosing instead to do divergent works in troff which didn't
> enhance the central body of documentation at all. ;-)

I'd point the finger of blame at the overall lack of documentation for
anything more complicated than a toaster rather than people documenting
things in the wrong way. It's not wrong format documentation that's a/the
problem - it's merely lack of documentation.

That's not a FreeBSD specific problem though, but it'd be nice if it got
sorted out for FreeBSD.

*Insert Gum Shield*
M$ Windows does have good documentation though, perhaps due to people
being paid to do it, or because there's a lot of people who can't write M$
Windows software but want to get it in on it.

Oh I don't know, I hate writing documentation as much as anyone else, but
it'd be nice if it was there.

--
Steve Roome - Vision Interactive Ltd.
Tel:+44(0)117 9730597 Home:+44(0)976 241342