Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:33:48 -0500
From:      "Scot Hetzel" <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   x11/kde3: LANG=C: not found error

When the x11/kde3/scripts/configure.kde script is
run it displays the following error:

LANG=C: not found

  Looking for installd modules.LANG=C: not found

This causes the script to display a dialog box with
all options not checked.

The cause of the problem is that the TR variable
is being defined as "LANG=C /usr/bin/tr" in bsd.port.mk
and then passed to the script in SCRIPTS_ENV. Which
causes this code to fail with the error:

for i in `${ECHO} "${ALL_MODULES}" | ${TR} '[:upper:]' '[:lower:]'`
 do
   eval status_$i=ON
 done

NOTE: to see the error you need to add a 'read var'
before the script displays the dialog box.

I checked my system, and have the /usr/share/nls/C
directory, and it contains one file (ee.cat).

I also looked at the /usr/share/locale directory,
and didn't find a C directory in there.

Is there something wrong on my system, or is there
a bug in this configure script.

Scot

PS.  There is also another bug in the do-install
target of the port. If you do a "make install"
without first doing a "make build" the kde-meta.conf
file is not installed. This is caused by the ports
Makefile looking for Makefile.inc before it is created.