Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 07:58:35 -0500
From:      David Syphers <dsyphers@uchicago.edu>
To:        "Ayman Zarka." <az@freebsd.identd.net>, "FreeBSD Questions." <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Again Iomega IDE ZIP 250MB.

On Monday 10 June 2002 10:26 pm, Ayman Zarka. wrote:

> #IOMEGA ZIP Drive 250 MB Options:
> controller      scbus0                #
> device          da0			#
> device          vp0                     # IOMEGA IDE ZIP Drive 250MB
> options         VP0_DEBUG     # ZIP/ZIP+ debug
>

> config: line 267: Obsolete keyword 'controller' found - use 'device'

This seems to indicate that your kernel config file is much older than your
system.  You may want to get everything in sync.  However, that's not your
main problem.

> So I changed it to device it gave:
>
> Warning: device "vp" is unknown

Your main problem seems to be exactly this - vp isn't a known device.  The
correct name for the device is 'vpo' not 'vp0' (that's the lower-case letter
'O' on the end of the first).  When in doubt about device names, check LINT.

-David

--
Everyone who believes in telekinesis, raise my hand...

Astronomy and Astrophysics Center
The University of Chicago