Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:03:13 -0700
From:      "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter@pinyon.org>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   nfsd spam in /var/log/messages

Hi,

Still a newbie here after more than ae decade off.  This is most
likely a stupid question but I have invested an inordinate amount of
effort to figure it out with no success.  That is, I have not resorted
to digging down into the source code to understand the error message.
I will do so if I am the first person to ever see this.  So the
question(s):

In order to support my linux NFSv4 clients AND my freebsd-current
clients, after an extended boring trial and error session I ended up
with a freebsd server /etc/exports:

# Linux can mount nfsv4 ONLY if the line is exactly as
# follows:
V4: /export -sec=sys -network 10.0.10 -mask 255.255.255.0

/export/usr/src -maproot=root
/export/usr/obj -maproot=root
/export/usr/ports -maproot=root
/export/packages -maproot=root
/export/library -maproot=root

This isn't about security so avert your eyes from the maproots.  The
security holes here are galaxy wide, I know.  There's even wifi access
to this network!  Clutch yer perls.

Here is an example of the /var/log/messages spam:

Jul 27 11:19:32 terpsichore mountd[669]: bad exports list line
/export/usr/obj
Jul 27 11:19:32 terpsichore mountd[669]: can't change attributes for
/export/usr/src: MNT_DEFEXPORTED already set for mount 0xfffff8022c3fdcc0

How do I stop this?  I have iterated through many possibilities,
to no avail.

Best,
Russell