Date:      Wed, 23 Jul 1997 09:50:35 -0600
From:      vanmaren@fast.cs.utah.edu (Kevin Van Maren)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lots 'o PCI slots

> > The AMI board looks nice, except (forgive me if I'm wrong) that the
> > Symbios875's aren't supported in FreeBSD.  They will work, but just
>
> That'd be news to freefall.cdrom.com, currently a user of a Symbios 875
> based board. :-)

You cut out the part of my message where I explained `not supported':
] Symbios875's aren't supported in FreeBSD.  They will work, but just
] like an 825.  (Local script memory isn't used, and they won't negotiate
] ultra speeds).  It is also likely to be very $$$ because it is AMI.

I have a 875 at home, and under 2.2.x it won't negotaite ultra with my
ultra scsi drive.  If 2.2.x now supports this (or the local script memory),
I'll gladly cvsup the latest version.  If it doesn't, then "just like an
825" is correct :(

Kevin