Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:24:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      Evan Champion <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KerbNet

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Evan Champion wrote:

> Has anyone gotten KerbNet to compile on FreeBSD (3.0-current)?  If so,
> could you share your expertise? :-)
>
> This one looks like a prime candidate for including as a port...

Ok, I finally figured it out (by trying to install kerberos 5 and running
in to the same problem).

First, you need to make sure that the 'make' that it tries to run is
gmake.  I did this by linking gmake to make, and putting /usr/local/bin
first in my path.

Second, it doesn't like the default tcl/tk install directories.  For tcl,
you need to make symlinks for /usr/local/lib/tcl*/tclConfig.sh to
/usr/local/lib/tclConfig.sh, /usr/local/include/tcl*/tcl.h to
/usr/local/include/tcl.h; do the same for tk, replacing tcl by tk in the
above.

Again, I think it would be nice if this was a port so that others won't
have to spend a whole day trying to get this thing to work...

Evan