Date:      Thu, 9 Aug 2001 21:29:12 -0700
From:      Erin Fortenberry <efortenb@sdccd.cc.ca.us>
To:        "'Justin Sheehy '" <justin@iago.org>, "'freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG '" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG '" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: fxp SCB timeout problems, anyone have a solution?

> I am having a major problem with a FreeBSD-4.3 machine.

As did I.  I guess I should have looked at some of the earlier postings
before I opend my mouth.  :-)

> Is there any known fix for this?  All of the messages that I see on
> the mailing list archives that have "solutions" involve switching out
> the hardware for a different NIC.  As that would involve having the
> machine shipped back home and then out again, this is very
> undesirable.  I can usually keep the machine on the net for at least a
> few minutes at a time before it hangs, so if anyone has any idea how I
> could possibly fix this remotely I would be greatly appreciative.

There is currently no fix for this. I went through the same thing about 2
months ago with intel's newest i815 chipset MB. What I got from David
Greenman is although the 82562 is seen as an fxp0 it was never tested. I had
looked into this problem quiet a bit and forget exactly why it does not
work, but it does not work. You might try upgrading to the newest stable.

Hope this helps.

Erin