Date:      Thu, 23 Jan 1997 10:58:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   How to replace curretn (bad) kernel with old (good) one?

	I realize that this sounds simple, but I haven't managed to do it.

	Here is to situation. I have a new kernel that won;t boot. I have the
	old (working) kernel in kernel.working.

	I can boot by typing kernel.working at the boot prompt. Once I do that
	i want to put the old working kernel back in place as /kernel.
	Everything I try fails(cp mv chmod). /kernel -s mode 555, why can't I
	chmod it and overwrite it with the good kernel?

	How do I acomplish this?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems