Date:      Tue, 2 Nov 1999 15:02:58 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hibernation & Phoenix Notebios???

Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org> probably said:
> Just a thought -- suspend to disk requires a partition at the end of the
> disk with sysid 165, and it needs to be roughly 3 * size of RAM (mine has
> 64MB RAM, and the fdisk output is
>
> The data for partition 4 is:
> sysid 160,(unknown)
>     start 12262320, size 408240 (199 Meg), flag 0
>         beg: cyl 811/ sector 1/ head 0;
>         end: cyl 837/ sector 63/ head 239

Actually, no.  The suspend to disk partition has to be slightly larger
than the amount of memory you have (system  memory plus  system state
and a few other small things).

My guess would be that your partition is sized to the maximum amount
of memory your laptop can take, plus a bit - my Sony was, and I've
upped the memory to the maximum.

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu