Date:      Mon, 02 Dec 1996 14:33:09 -0700
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        freebsd-smp@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status report...

Hi,

> > I just tested a kernel from this morning (12/1).  It is *much* better
> > than the one I tried last week.  Last week I got lots of sig11's, but
> > I haven't seen one yet!  But I am getting a few silo overflows
> > from the mouse, dmesg shows:
> >
> > sio1: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
> > sio1: 209 more interrupt-level buffer overflows (total 209)
> > ed0: device timeout
> > which are probably all interrupt related, no?  These only show up
> > under load, like `make -j8', but it's definately useable!
>
> I'm in the middle of testing the various flavors right now.
> I got several "de0 device timeout"s, have never seen these b4.
> This was with APIC_IO on, am about to test non APIC_IO version.
> Sounds INTerrupt realted, but I haven't had a chance to look at it
> yet...

the non APIC_IO version seems to work fine.  The APIC_IO versions is
definately loosing INTs, so I'm off to chase that next.  I've rebuit
both flavors several times now, and have seen NO sigs/segfaults!!!

---
ok, testers, the balls in your court now,get the latest code and check it
out.

-
the score card so far:

Peter's working.
I'm working (lost INTs in APIC_IO version)
Eric L. Herne working (lost INTs in APIC_IO version)

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD