Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 07:52:46 +0000
From:      Matthew Sharlot <matthew@federal.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RAID 5

Hi,

I have asked Greg Lehey if he could suggest how to get FreeBSD running
on a RAID 5 array and he has suggested an idea which I have yet to
implememnt. He also mentioned that the adaptec RAID controller that I
have will probably not be supported by FreeBSD. My question is do you
know of anyone who has successfully implemented hardware driven RAID 5,
and if so, what hardware/drivers are they using. At this stage, cost is
not important so if there is any hardware that will work I would love to
know about it.

Thanks

Matthew Sharlot