Date:      Mon, 08 Nov 2004 12:46:56 -0800
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new USB driver

Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>There are some more differences, but that will be details. My new USB driver
>is built upon the FreeBSD-5-current USB driver, but it is not fully compatible
>with it.
>
>So is it a candidate for a new /sys/ directory?

I would hope not..

If these are generally useful changes then maybe they might also be
useful to NetBSD and OpenBSD.
If so, then they could be adopted everywhere and we coudl "migrate" to
it in the same place rather than
get a new directory.

Have you thought about how your changes would go in 4.x?

I assume it would require some work as you have incorporated the mutex
into how you do things..