Date:      Fri, 08 Aug 1997 10:48:41 +0900
From:      Takeshi Yamada <ken@tyd1.tydfam.iijnet.or.jp>
To:        skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q) CVSup operation

  Chris, thank you for your prompt reply.

skynyrd> 	cvsup -P m -g -L 2 supfile.cvsup
                      ^^^^^
    -P m solved the problem, so

skynyrd> Maybe a packet filter is blocking the connection that the server is trying
skynyrd> to make back to your machine?  If you like, try connecting to

   you are right.

   I renewed my cvsup using ftp://hub.freebsd.org/pub/CVSup/cvsup-bin-15.1.tar.gz as you suggested, of which version was;

$: {1} cvsup -v
CVSup client
Software version: REL_15_1
Protocol version: 15.2

  While my previous version from ports collection was;

$: {1} cvsup -v
CVSup client
Software version: REL_15_1
Protocol version: 15.1

  I did nothing with my network for these 6 months, and only did
"make world" every other week automatically. And suddenly I got in
trouble.  I have no firewall for this source code archive machine.

  Thank you, anyway.