Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 1995 21:53:32 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        harverso@beastie.cs.und.ac.za (Tony Harverson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: S0S !

Tony Harverson stands accused of saying:
> This is now an official S0S - I am at my wits end with 2.0.5's install.
> When I installed 2.0 on the machine in question,  it detected the geometry
> of the 640mb scsi perfect (well, I dunno if it was perfect, but it worked -

Have you tried making a small DOS partition and deleting it during the
installation process?  This usually works out right.

> aha0: AHA-1542CF BIOS v2.01-VB.0, enabling mailbox, enabling residuals

What's the 1542 translating the disk's geometry to?

> Tony

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[