Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 1996 10:19:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Alfred Bernard <jasonb@gcm.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Locking while probing the ISA bus for devices

On Fri, 2 Feb 1996, Alfred Bernard wrote:

> Thanks for the response!!!!

No problem.

> It locks at the the  prompt
> "Probing the ISA bus for devices:" ( paraphrased )
> It does not proceed any farther after that.  No other output is
> displayed.  I do not hear/see any disk or tape device active.

How odd.  that is the display it is locking up on (sc0).  What other
hardware do you have?

You might also try disabling some of the extra devices (printer & serial
ports, audio cards, scsi controllers, etc.)  Leave sc0 in there though!

> BTW: FYI I have Orchid Game Wave 32 board

What is this?  Sound card?  Combo?  Some compaines are trying video/audio
combo's and I wonder if this is one of them.

Internet:  dwhite@gladstone.uoregon.edu | Residence Networking Assistant