Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:29:13 +0100
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: interface cloning MFC

> I plan to MFC the network interface cloning support and the gif
> modularization early next week unless someone has objections.  I'd like
> to get it in before the code slush and since I'll be leaving for a week
> on the 31st, that means sometime early to mid next week to allow for any
> bug reports.  I don't really expect any problems.
>
> A diff is available at:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~brooks/patches/gif-stable.diff
>
> apply with:
>
> cd /usr/src
> mkdir sys/modules/if_gif sys/modules/if_stf
> patch < gif-stable.diff
>
> -- Brooks

This works nicely on my -stale box.  Thanks.

One niggle though :)  It's probably worth changing
``$FreeBSD: ........$'' to ``$FreeBSD$'' in your patched version.
Without this, mergemaster assumes that the new version in /usr/src/etc
is the same as the /etc version (same Ids).  This caused a problem
here, I fixed the problem and went to prepare a patch for you.... the
patch file came up empty -- you already had the missing ``create'' in
your patches (of course) :*D

Cheers.
--
Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>