Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2012 11:37:42 -0800
From:      Hub- FreeBSD <freebsd@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   =?windows-1252?Q?FreeBSD_9-STABLE=3A_jail_+_rctl_=85_what_is_dat?= =?windows-1252?Q?asize=3F?=

Eagerly awaiting the %cpu ability that is in 10, I'm starting to play =
with using this =85 not so much to deny, but to allow me to more =
accurately calculate usage =85=20

when I do an 'rctl -u' for a jail, I see two values:

datasize=3D11173888
memoryuse=3D88137728

My question is simple =85 does memoryuse *include* datasize?  Or is =
total memory use memoryuse+datasize?

Basically, memoryuse =3D=3D sum of the RSS column in ps =85 vmemoryuse =
is sum of the VSZ =85 one of them has to include the datasize, but is it =
VSZ or RSS?

thx