Date:      Sat, 3 Nov 2012 13:00:53 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] current switched by default to pkgng

Hello, Baptiste.
You wrote 3 =D0=BD=D0=BE=D1=8F=D0=B1=D1=80=D1=8F 2012 =D0=B3., 3:56:22:

BD> The BSDmc project (http://code.google.com/p/bsdmc/) uses nanobsd
BD> and pkgng, have a look in particular at the
BD> following diff: http://code.google.com/p/bsdmc/source/detail?r=3D75
BD> Maybe you can find something helpful for you in there :)

   Unfortunately, it diverged with nanobsd long time ago and have
completely custom package installation function, very complex and
unobvious. Now I have only one problem with replacing `pkg_add' with
`pkg add' (I've implemented bootstrap of chrooted environment): `pkg
add' doesn't have `-F' flag, and attempt to add package twice (first
time as dependency and second time because simple nanobsd script
doesn't sort packages and add all of them, so required package could
be again added after dependant package) leads to non-success return
code :(

   Also, I could not find any documentation about system `pkg' command:
`man pkg' shows nothing, `pkg -h' doesn't work, etc. So it is
unobvious, where could I read about ASSUME_ALWAYS_YES, PACKAGESITE and
other variables, needed for automatic (non-interactive,
non-networked) bootstrap. Way to construct proper URL for pkg.txz
(with ABI, etc) from script is not clear, too, and automatic
downloading doesn't work in chrooted environment, as it doesn't have
configured resolver.

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>