Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2012 22:03:52 -0400
From:      "Mikhail T." <mi+thun@aldan.algebra.com>
To:        Bryan Drewery <bryan@shatow.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to fetch files from GitHub?

On 26.07.2012 19:41, Bryan Drewery wrote:
> Check out ports-mgmt/portupgrade-devel for an example.
>
> It uses a known hash, but you can use tags as well.
Thanks for the pointer! Yes, that's it... The port uses a separate
variable (GITVERSION) instead of just calling it DISTVERSION -- no
doubt, to appease portlint, which complains, when DISTVERSION and
PORTVERSION are specified at the same time. This work-around
necessitates two extra lines in the Makefile without being otherwise
useful...

I think, I'll just call the hash "DISTVERSION" and also explicitly set
the PORTVERSION -- to 0.20120726. (The 0.-prefix may help in the future,
when the upstream finally release version 1.0 :-)

> You'll need to override FETCH_ARGS as seen there too.
Yes, that works, thank you!

    -mi